In 2014 we, Claudia and Andreas Thaler, were presented with the opportunity of managing the Hotel Andrea**** and consequently to take it over. Andrea has had a passion for food since early childhood; after he finished school at the age of 18 he carried on his studies in the catering sector and worked in his parents’ business since 2008. Claudia changed career and came to the business in 2011 and felt at home straight away. After school she continued her studies to become a social worker.
Two years later daughter Florentina Andrea Thaler was born, and she still puts a smile on our faces today. Florentina is hard at work here too and is our chief guest entertainer.
Even before we took on the business we were that our values would run like a common thread through the hotel, which is why we opted for a new concept and a new name and appearance. We are of the opinion that a lovely holiday is not about budget, rather, it should hinge on lovely experiences!
History of the hotel
The family business has continued to expand over the years:
- Opened in 1986 by Andrea and Andreas Thaler sen. as a bed and breakfast with 8 rooms. At the time Andreas Thaler was also still managing a vehicle repair garage with car sales (by this time Michaela and Andreas were born)
- In 1989 the hotel was expanded with an additional floor and 8 rooms (Thomas came into the world in the spring)
- In 1992 the ground floor was renovated and the rooms were partially refurbished. The hotel business began.
- In 1998 the indoor pool was completed as was the ‘new building’ which had an additional 10 rooms, to the expense of the repair shop
- In 2000 the restaurant area was added to and expanded by around 40 seats, gaining official 4-star categorisation (Julia was born)
- The underground garage was built in 2001
- In 2005 the four-poster bed rooms were refurbished to create organic four-poster bedrooms and using natural materials; the environmentally-friendly wood chip biomass heating facility was started
- In 2006 the sun lounger area and the moor swimming pool were completed
- By 2007 all the rooms were refurbished to make them organic standard
- In 2009 the wellness area was expanded to create a relaxation area with loungers and infrared cabins
- In 2011 the snugs were partially refurbished with new flooring and textiles
- In 2013 Florentina came into the world
- In 2014 Claudia and Andreas took over the hotel
- In 2015 alterations and small refurbishments in the hotel were completed and in 2016 there was a change to the name and the concept – FrohNatur was born (Viola is expected to arrive in June)
- In the future: we still have a few things planned and will keep you up to date!